Thursday, December 6, 2007

All is Well

I know that my last few emails have been saying that I will write more later, so I apologize that I am saying that again. I need to spend a bit of time on my computer on the farm writing some blog entries and then just upload them when I am in town.

I heard, through my mother, that some people were concerned with how my malaria entry sounded at the end. After reading it, I can understand why there was concern. The problem was that I was about to begin to wax and wane philosophically and I knew that in an email that may not be the best way to go. It is hard to communicate electronically because people can see facial expressions, hear voice inflection, or ask clarifying questions.

I am definitely on the mend and taking it very easy. I am not the most patient person and like to at least do a little something each day to feel productive. The family and other volunteers are making sure that I do nothing. That being said, I have managed to do some things while being chauffeured around. It at least helps keep me from going stir crazy.

My dear friend Geri arrives on Sunday and so she will surely report to my mom and brother about my health. I've not been doing any programs and will not be doing them through next week. Please keep checking back in for new entries as I will be getting back on track with a steady stream.

John

2 comments:

Harold said...

John - Hope you are feeling better I had malaria once it make you a little uncomfortable huh. I was reading that there is a locust swarms in the district of Mandera up north you might want to check that out if possible. It is not all the time you find yourself in the middle of a swarm of this type. When I was in Niger a swarm of locust came through they ate everything including parts of my mosquito net. I found it fascinating and very sad for the Africans - life is so unfriendly sometimes.

adolfo said...

John I just wish you the best and hope soon you'll be better.

Hugs