Thursday, December 14, 2006

Luggage! Luggage! Who has my luggage?

Well, I have arrived in Nairobi, but my luggage seems to have gone missing. Fortunately, with the exception of one woman (more on her in a bit), everyone missing luggage was on the same flight from Boston to Zurich that I was. I'm hoping that it will arrive tonight. In the meantime, I'll be doing a little shopping for a shirt and some clean underwear.

The flights were all nice. I must say that it is very impressive to see the size of both the Austrian Alps and the Sahara Desert. It's no wonder that the Swiss have always remained neutral during wars. The Sahara stretched on and on for hours. Even from 37,000 feet you could see long ridges of sand dunes. As we crossed over into more fertile land, you could see the patchwork of fields reminiscent of America's bread basket. It was already dark when we landed in Nairobi, so I don't have much of a feel for the city.

The driver from the Safari company in picking me up this morning to go shopping. I have a feeling we may have to drive back out to the airport. The number printed on the sheet they gave me is not working, so contacting them about my luggage may have to be done in person.

Now, back to the Ugly American Woman that lost her luggage. While boarding in Zurich, this woman was complaining to the flight crew because they wouldn't let her carry on a bag that was to big or heavy. I was embarassed for her she was so obnoxious. Then, as she finally gave up and walked back to her seat, she had to loudly exclaim that the male flight attendant was a "Nazi." That's when I cringed, leaned over to the guy in the seat next to me, and said"We aren't all that bad." So, what happened to her luggage? My guess is it got lost on purpose.

I'm off to breakfast. Keep your fingers crossed for my luggage!

1 comment:

Mom Ruth said...

Surely hoping that your luggage catches up with you tomorrow (or today for you as it is 3:30 or something there.) I will try and print your blogs so you will have a journal of what you have written. Talked to Bill tonight and he is preparing for a lot of wind. We are unusually warm here in Florida. Love, Mom and Harv