Monday, October 8, 2007

The Bus to Bungoma

Well, what can I say, the bus was long and tiring but it got me to where I was going. We left a bit late and made the trip in about 9 hours. I was sitting where I could see the speedometer and I'm not sure that was a good thing. Much of the time we were going about 25 mph. They have repaired a section of the road since the last time we made the trip. But, another section has been torn up. Much of it is gravel or clay and so you just can't go fast.

Reuben was waiting for me in Bungoma. It was wonderful to see him again and to actually realize I was back in Kenya for real. The farm has changed a little. They have built a big brick gazebo that will serve as the dining area once it is complete. The house is a little empty compared to last time. The second son, Edwin, received a scholarship at the Polytechnic in Torino, Italy. Donna, the eldest daughter, went to boarding school shortly after I left in January.

Not much else to report. I am trying to get caught up on posts, but need to get off the computer. I've been on here for nearly two hours and, quite frankly, need to get out for some fresh air. The posts to come are Visitation Day at Donna's School and a trip up to Reuben's new church.

No comments: